Meghan Markle to miss Prince Philip’s funeral, Harry planning to attend: reports – National

[ad_1]

The funeral for Prince Philip, also known as the Duke of Edinburgh, will be held at Windsor Castle on April 17.

Meghan, who is married to Prince Harry, is currently pregnant with the couple’s second child, due to be born this summer.

A palace spokesperson confirmed to Reuters that while Meghan has “been advised by her physician not to travel,” Harry “will be attending” the funeral.

Story continues below advertisement

The couple announced they are expecting a girl during a wide-ranging tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey which aired last month.


Click to play video: 'Prince William: ‘We are very much not a racist family’'







Prince William: ‘We are very much not a racist family’


Prince William: ‘We are very much not a racist family’ – Mar 11, 2021
 

During the interview, Meghan chronicled her time living in the U.K. at Frogmore Cottage.

Under the extreme scrutiny from tabloids perpetuating false stories about her and Harry, Meghan said her mental health suffered. When she sought help, Meghan said she was ignored.

Meghan also said there had been conversations with unnamed members of the family who expressed concerns over how dark she and Harry’s then-unborn son’s skin might be.

Story continues below advertisement

A day after the interview aired, Oprah clarified on behalf of the couple that the Queen and Prince Philip were not part of that discussion.


Click to play video: 'Prince Philip death: Tributes continue to pour in after passing of Duke of Edinburgh'







Prince Philip death: Tributes continue to pour in after passing of Duke of Edinburgh


Prince Philip death: Tributes continue to pour in after passing of Duke of Edinburgh
In March of 2020, Harry and Meghan moved to Canada, and announced they would be stepping back from their official duties as working members of the Royal Family.After a short stint in Canada, the couple moved to California, where they remain.During the interview with Oprah, Meghan also claimed the palace refused to offer her husband or son security after they stepped down as working royals, and said it had been communicated to her that their son, Archie, would not be given the title of “Prince.”She said there was no explanation given.

Read more:
Funeral for Prince Philip to be held at Windsor Castle on April 17: reports

In a statement released by the palace after the interview aired, the Queen said the whole family was “saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.”“The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately,” the statement read. “Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members.”


Click to play video: 'Prince Philip death: Gun salutes fired across UK honouring Duke of Edinburgh'







Prince Philip death: Gun salutes fired across UK honouring Duke of Edinburgh


Prince Philip death: Gun salutes fired across UK honouring Duke of Edinburgh

Funeral arrangements

In a press release issued Saturday, Buckingham Palace said the funeral would be held in accordance with public health guidance, but that members of the Royal Family will be in attendance.“Further details on the Funeral Service and the Order of Service will be released in due
course,” the release read.In a post on their Archewell Foundation website on Friday, Harry and Meghan mourned Prince Philip’s passing.“In loving memory of His Royal Highness, the Duke of Edinburgh,” the statement read. “Thank you for your service … You will be greatly missed.”


Click to play video: 'Buckingham Palace releases statement following Oprah interview: Royal expert breaks it down'







Buckingham Palace releases statement following Oprah interview: Royal expert breaks it down


Buckingham Palace releases statement following Oprah interview: Royal expert breaks it down – Mar 10, 2021
Harry’s brother, Prince William and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, have not yet publicly spoken about Prince Philip’s passing.However, on Saturday, Prince Philip’s son, Prince Charles, said the royal family is “deeply grateful” for the outpouring of support.“It will sustain us in this particular loss and at this particular sad time,” he said.Prince Philip’s coffin is resting in the private chapel at Windsor Castle. The palace says it will remain there until the day of the funeral.-With files from the Associated Press and Reuters




© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.



[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Battlefield 2042 Specialists & launch maps revealed By EA
Latest News

Battlefield 2042 Specialists & launch maps revealed By EA

After months of speculation, EA and DICE have finally unveiled Battlefield 2042, with the reveal trailer already live and a gameplay one set to premiere on Sunday, during Microsoft’s E3 conference. There may be additional information released at that point but for now we already know quite a bit about the new maps and the Specialists, 2042’s version of the […]

Read More
UK Travel Green List & Rules for entering
Latest News

UK Travel Green List & Rules for entering

Red list countries and territories What you must do if you have been in a country or territory on the red list in the 10 days before you arrive in England. If you have been in a country or territory on the red list in the last 10 days you will only be allowed to […]

Read More
Latest News

Belarus to face Slovakia in 2021 IIHF World Championship opener

Belarus will open the 2021 IIHF World Championship against Slovakia in Riga on 21 May, BelTA has learned. The Group B match will be played at the Olympic Sport Center. The faceoff is at 20.10. Belarus 5 TV channel will broadcast the match live. Ahead of the IIHF World Championship Belarus played a number of […]

Read More